Description of Streambels
AirPlay, Chromecast & DLNA media streaming app for Android
Streambels brings combined AirPlay, Chromecast and DLNA media streaming capability to Android. That plus volume control for audio streaming and beaming the content in the same way as the Apple’s AirPlay, means that you can use it with the majority of smart devices in your home.
It enables smooth & easy streaming of music, video and photos from Android phone and tablet, media servers and selected online channels to Apple TV, Airport Express, Google Chromecast, LG, Samsung and Sony smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Freebox, Xbox, Xiaomi Box, Denon, Bose and Philips speakers and any other, popular smart device in your home.
What distinguishes Streambels from other Android media streamers?
Streambels comes with a beautifully designed interface, that each user can personalize using a range of preloaded background themes. The app features an intuitive music & video player and its own photo gallery.
Ultimate user experience
The idea is to provide the users with an app specially designed for them – sleek, functional and easy to use. That’s why Streambels is packed with features.
- Background playing: Allows for continuous streaming, while the user surfs the Internet at the same time. The status is conveniently located on the home screen so he can return to the app with one click.
- Pause for calling: Streaming will automatically pause when the user receives a call and it will resume playing when the call is done.
- Volume control: Streambels comes with volume control for audio streaming, currently not offered by any of the similar apps
- Devices and content sources discovery: To simplify the streaming process, Streambels detects all accessible receivers and media servers nearby and shows them in the main status bar. Conveniently located search tab makes it easy to find the needed content.
- Support for online channels: At the moment Streambels supports video streaming via YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and TED*. We are working on bringing more channels on board such as 8tracks, SoundCloud, a range of online radio stations and more at a later date including for example Spotify.
- Option to set preferred quality for YouTube videos. The users can stream YouTube videos in HD quality.
- Thanks to AirPlay Authentication, one can stream easily to Apple TV and AirPort Express with the password set up.
*Some DLNA receivers are not compatible, contact us for more information.
Streambels works on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and higher including Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It is compatible with most of the popular receivers available on the market.
With Streambels you can stream content from your Android phone or tablet, media servers and selected online channels to smart devices around you. If you simply press play, without choosing any device, the content will start playing on the phone. Streambels automatically discovers all the supported receivers nearby. Simply pick the device you want to stream to or wait until you have a song, a photo or a video already picked out. Remember to adjust the Wi-Fi network to be the same for both the phone/tablet and the receiver. While streaming, the screen will display description of the track (in case of music streaming) and an option on the right hand-side to see the current playlist. Thanks to the search bar, you can easily find all the content you want.
|Supports volume control for your songs.
App includes a fully featured music player; feel free to use it as your default one!
|Browse, play on the phone and stream your videos to Apple TV or other, compatible receivers|
|Browse through Streambels Photo Gallery; preview the photos and stream the selected one to the receiver. Swipe to stream the next photo, without having to go back to the Gallery.|
|Go to YouTube application, choose a selected video and stream it to your receiver. If you have not done it before, do not worry. We included a simple tutorial to guide you through the steps.|
Summary of the features
|General Features||Media streaming – streaming photos, audio and video from Android phone or tablet to any Airplay, Chromecast, DIAL and DLNA enabled receivers including most popular TVs, set-top boxes and A/V receivers.|
|Advanced Features||Background playing, volume control, repeat & shuffle, seek function, automatic pause when you receive a call, AirPlay Authentication, option to choose preferred YouTube video quality, simplified navigation,|
|Media Servers||Plex, Windows Media Server, Twonky Server, PS3 media server, Netgear ReadyDLNA, MiniDLNA, LaCie NAS, XBMC, etc.|
|Compatibility||Compatibility with thousands of Airplay and DLNA compatible devices and software applications:
|Other Benefits||Skins, Interoperability|
|Supported channels||YouTube, Facebook Video, Vimeo, TED (only for AirPlay)|
Streambels update 4.5
- Added support for Amazon Fire TV
- Reduced battery consumption
- Lots of enhancements and fixes
Public Release, Streambels 3.0 on November 11th, 2013